The nominees for the 15th Annual Rondo Hatton Awards have been announced (see all of the nominees). Finally, the Rondos have acknowledged that The Projection Booth doesn't qualify for the Best Multi-Media Horror Site award. This means there won't be any pleading emails, tweets, or posts for votes this year.
I want to congratulate all of the nominees and spotlight some of the friends of The Projection Booth who have been recognized:
- For BEST COMMENTARY OF 2016 both Maitland McDonagh and Michael Felsher have been nominated for their work on Tenebrae (Maitland), John Carpenter's The Thing (Michael) and The Exorcist III (Michael).
- Michael Felsher is all of the nominations, including the BEST DOCUMENTARY category with a nod for his Just Desserts.
- For BEST MAGAZINE OF 2016 I'm glad to see Diabolique nominated. Several friends of The Projection Booth -- Samm Deighan, Kat Ellinger, and Heather Drain come to mind immediately -- are greatly involved with the magazine.
- Speaking of, Kat Ellinger is nominated for BEST ARTICLE with her ‘Count Perversion, the Whip and the Living Dead,’ from Diabolique #98
- We've had Elric Kane of the Shock Waves podcast on the show several times and the show is nominated for BEST MULTI-MEDIA HORROR SITE
Remember, to vote it's the rather arduous process of emailing your choices to email@example.com by April 16, 2017.